Sunday, November 20, 2011

On this Sunday.

It is Sunday, the twentieth day of November 2011, the last day of the Surrogantessa. I had originally planned to go on until the well anticipated trip to Curacao, but with much thought I have decided today will be that day. With the Holidays in close sight and my life slowly taking shape I think it is only fair to the readers and I that I close up shop.

I would like to thank all that have read, support has been key in this journey, and clearly without it I never would have survived. Its nice to know that although I was struggling I had plenty of people pushing me through. My kiddies and the hub have been HUGE, no one can ever say this was a sacrifice that I alone had made, they gave up and endured alot as well, and how awesome is it that MY  family and I can look back on this year and proudly state, " oh yeah, well look what we did!" The folks have also been huge contributors in the success of this event, deserving acknowledgement as well.

It would be a lie if I said I would like to go back and do it again. It was hard, nothing I can compare too. I was sick, weak, and sometimes crazy.A terrible combination for most. And honestly I'm enjoying being semi selfish at the moment. Avoiding the great volunteer work that goes along with children, Church, and small communities...skipping usual activities to hang with the hub, rocking back and forth on the trusty porch swing, and snuggling with the kiddos an extra few minutes before bedtime.

In taking on this adventure I have learned an extra lot about others as well as my self. I am amazed really, there is so many women out in this world who have been deprived of the experience of pregnancy, and little ole me was able to give the gift of motherhood to someone else. The miracles of the big Guy is undeniable. Human nature has been an eye opener as well, you always have the bad apples but there is some great fruit out there. Its so humbling to hear other people come to you with such gratitude for something that doesn't directly affect them in the slightest, or when pride is set aside and they look in your eyes and say, "I could never have done what you did, " its warming, an sparks inspiration to do that much more.

In closing, there will be no pictures today or inspirations of material things..only because what could it possibly be. What would sum up this past year? Words can only slightly describe the thought and feelings of my emotional tornado that sits in my brain right now. With this circumstance and decision I knew that a sense of humor was key for survival, so as I stated in the very beginning, there is and was no room for seriousness and I hope that came across even keel. I love y'all, I love the support, and I love the fact that its over. There is two little twins, a boy and a girl, nestled with a mommy and daddy happy as larks. There is an oven near to recovery, with a great maintenance man, and a world full of great people that continues to spin day after day and year after year.

With much love and respect I am signing off, with a deep breath and a fresh start to another year!
The Surrogantessa.

No comments:

Post a Comment