Friday, February 11, 2011

serving up a slice.

My grandad once said, "time nor tide waits for any man," which got my wheels a turning, we certainly dont have forever. So, since life is so short its absolutely silly to waste time sweating the small stuff. The past two weeks I have been helping to look after the parents of the parents, and with that comes lots to learn (patience being top of the list). Having said that, story after story have been told and I have quickly discovered the change in time. During the Great Depression my grandaddy worked in the CC labor camps, at such a young age struggling to bring home little money for his parents. Once the nation jumped to its feet he moved on to burn hours in the Coast Guard, he started out making a mere $21 a MONTH! I about croaked, can you believe it...today $21 barely buys me a tube of lipstick, its insane. So today I give you a slice of humble pie, Im certainly trying to enjoy my slice. Now dont go a wastin' it, let it take you through the weekend! Enjoy.

Stanford.

No comments:

Post a Comment