Thursday, February 3, 2011

loving...

Ahh, February, the month of loving all things. One of my daily reads is a blog of a dear friend, fificheek. She has recently started a composite of all things she loves. This, I must say, inspired me to dig and discover a few things I love. Its always healthy to admire and desire new things, Lagerfield once said, "items to be vintage are ok, but people not so much," and I couldnt agree more. Once you quit dreaming and aspiring for more, then well you have just quit. Within my search I found three things, at this particular moment that I am truely in love with....

 since early October I have wanted a watch, but to me I could never quite find the one I was looking for, but guess what people, I have found a true love. The Kingsington by Nixon, in seafoam. Its finished with a chromocoat finish, meaning it has a top layer of paint that will chip creating an antiqued look, the more you wear it the more it becomes you! Oh how I love it, and its in my price range!!



NixonNow

next, a framed world map. Another item I have wanted for quite awhile. The map isnt hard to find, its the funky laced wood stained frame in bright purple that has been another story. I love this map, is it the one I will settle for, maybe. I think it will be debonair hung low on the wall behind my sewing machine in the guest room.

Poster Revolution
lastly, sweet decadent cupcakes. I have a small obsession with cupcakes, and although a little tidious to make, delicate and delicious to serve and eat. I thought for Valentines what better treat then lovely cupcakes, and nobody does cupcakes more chic than Giada on Everyday Italian,

Strawberry Marscapone Cupcakes

Courtesy, Food Network

sister has her heart and hands full.

No comments:

Post a Comment