Tuesday, March 29, 2011

turns out.

Alright, well I am making my way through my 7th week, hanging by a thread I might add. I know the math is a little weird but they're the doctors, not me (although my college tuition would suggest otherwise). Any who, I have been cursed with "morning sickness," literally stuck to the couch lifelessly laying as I watch the house fall apart, the hub's patience run out the window, and the kids..oh the kids, they sure do love to fight don't they?
My two favorite companions right now are What to expect when expecting and The Mayo clinic, two books I have read before, but oh what you learn the third go around. Reading and searching with a purpose I stumbled upon this cursed "morning sickness" (stupid name by the way, its an all day affair). Turns out this is caused by the increase in hormone production that starts in your second month. And what have you, I am on like quadruple the amount, thanks! Something so funny, when asking my egg donor coordinator (yeah, her licence plate clearly reads : GOT EGGS, no I'm not even kidding) she says, "oh the hormones, I mean they might make you cry at a commercial but nothing major," really? huh, did she mean bunked up in a coma on the couch as you watch this commercial crying wondering, "what happened to my life"? And yes I am slightly dramatic, I signed up for this..no regrets whatsoever, lets not get the wrong idea.
Countdown till April 12 when the first ultrasound takes place, one or two is on every one's mind..me on the  other hand, I really don't care. At this point get me through the hormones and on my way to milkshakes and french fries!


Enjoy.

1 comment: