Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Psych.

Next trip, off  to the shrink. This is going to be an interesting milestone in my life. I invision a small square room (hospital grey walls, gross), pictures of anything having to do with nothing, no music and the four of us. The oven, the maintence man (my husband), the sperm donor and the mother to be. And then its the questions...so awkward! The one thing holding me together, at this point, is the fact that the four of us are so close.There is more love between us than many people in our situation have the opportunity to posses.

Processing this whole adventure has made me grow in curiousity with the word lighthearted and its official meaning. Webster describes this word as: free from care, cheerfully optomistic and hopeful. That is the exact attitude I plan on attacking this situation with. So at anytime you feel Im not being serious or taking this situation lightly, your exactly right.

An interesting point I learned with the meaning of this word, lighthearted, is the synonyms that go along with it. Debonair (a word that deserves a cig and a black Burberry trench), devil- may-care (yeah, I was shocked this was a word), and slaphappy (no comment).

Please read the following with a LIGHTHEART!

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous- everyone hasnt met me.
-Rodney Dangerfield

A psychiatrist is a man who goes to a strip club and watches the audience.
-Merv Stockwood

....she looked debonair in her trench,

Burberry London 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment